You’ve probably seen billboards and other roadside signs that say something like “We Buy Houses in Austell Georgia!” or “Cash for Houses in Austell GA.”
Are These “We Buy Houses in Austell GA” Companies Credible?
How can you know if these house buying businesses are legitimate? If you are thinking about sell your house, how can you determine which house buy companies are honest and real? Looking at these signs may make you think these companies are all the same. But there are differences and in the next couple of minutes, we will share with you things you should look for if you are searching for an Austell house buying company.
First, it’s important to understand that the business of buying and selling houses is a business that has been around about as long as there have been houses. This is a recognized and valuable type of profession–one that helps homeowners who may be in a difficult situation, and it helps keep communities in good shape. However, as with any type of business, there is a very small minority of house buyers in any market that are not following good business practices, and they tend to make everyone in the business look bad.
Everywhere, you will find great companies and people who are highly ethical and principled. These people treat homeowners with respect and help them solve problems. And once they buy a house, they improve the neighborhood by pouring thousands of dollars into it, raising the value of all the homes around them. And then, there are dishonest and shady individuals who put themselves above all else. They treat their clients as “suckers” who are only a dollar sign, and a path to making money.
Yes, those home buying companies are out there.
But this article will help you steer clear of the questionable house buyers, and help you pick a trustworthy and ethical local company who can buy your Austell, GA house for a fair, all-cash offer no matter what condition the house is in.
First let’s take a look at the positive stuff. This is what the best house buying companies are doing. We’ll get to the negative stuff later.
What Legitimate Austell GA House Buyers Do
- Help homeowners–people just like you–get the money they need. Quickly. Houses have cash value. But accessing that cash normally takes time. If a homeowner needs cash for emergencies or unexpected expenses, making a quick sale can allow them to access that cash, fast. Home buyers such as Resideum can make that happen in a matter of days. We solve problems quickly and help reduce what could be an overwhelming problem to a simple process.
- Help homeowner sell properties that have become a heavy burden without having to go through the traditional route of making repairs, hiring a real estate broker then waiting months for the house to sell.
- Create local jobs. Resideum hires all kinds of people during the process of buying a house and fixing it up. Contractors, plumbers, carpenters, electricians, real estate agents, title companies, lenders, administrators, and many other people are employed during the transformation of a property and its subsequent sale. The average real estate transaction requires the talents of over 80 people from start to finish. The investments we make in Austell, GA houses create real jobs for real people.
- Buy products made in USA. Renovating a property requires an unbelievable amount of materials, many made here in the US. This creates further US jobs in factories, timber mills, distribution centers, and more. Much of our economy runs on real estate development and improvement. And that’s what we do here at Resideum–improve real estate and improve lives.
- Raise the value of Austell, GA neighborhoods. Improving the value of a single property in a neighborhood may not sound like it can do much. But this does have an impact that tends to “raise all boats.” The types of homes we renovate are often neglected or abandoned, and they can be a blight on a neighborhood. By turning these houses around, we improve and beautify the neighborhood. That activity strengthens Austell, GA as well.
- Increase the tax base. Because we are renovating and improving the houses that we buy, when the next buyer begins living in the property, they will pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value of the house. Those taxes pay for a multitude of public services like schools, police and fire departments. And they help build libraries, roads and other infrastructure, improving the quality of life for everyone in Austell.
See how quickly the positives add up?
Many people incorrectly assume house-flippers are just making a quick, self-serving buck. TV shows that follow some house flippers have created some negative beliefs about house flipping because the shows always have to add “drama” to keep the show interesting. The reality is that this is a business like most others, with ups and downs, and it is filled with genuine people who want to help others, while at the same time making a living.
So, let’s get back to how you can determine if a “we buy houses” company is a legitimate investor and not just scamming people.
How to Ensure You’re Working with a Reputable Local House Buyer in Austell GA
If you call and talk to a house buying company about purchasing your home, ask them some of the questions below to verify if they are legitimate or trustworthy and that they actually know what they are talking about. Don’t just ask yes or no questions. Instead, ask open-ended questions that will get them talking. You are listening for people who offer value to others, not just a one-side transaction that only benefits them.
Questions to Ask:
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What do you do to help your clients?
- Where do you get your funding?
- What is your investment philosophy?
- What part of your house buying business are you most proud of?
- What do you plan to do with the house after you buy it?
- How can I be sure you will close on the date you promise?
Next, look for tactics that questionable companies use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a house buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house rather than at a legitimate place like a title company or closing attorney’s office, question the transaction. Reputable house buyers will close the sale at a neutral 3rd-party location such as a title company. Doing this keeps the transaction professional and helps make sure all the i’s are dotted and t’s crossed, and that the paperwork is what you truly need to close a sale.
- Pressuring you into closing before you are ready – Never forget that the house belongs to you. You choose if you want to sell, who you want to sell to and when you want to close. If the property buyer you are talking to exerts pressure on you to sell the house today, be leery. A reputable company will make you an offer that doesn’t expire immediately. You should expect an offer to be open for at least a couple of days, if not a week or longer, so you have time to make a clear, well-thought-out decision. Adding a deadline to an offer is standard practice because markets and value can change, and companies may have other opportunities to pursue if you don’t intend to accept the offer. We are also committing to you that we actually have the funds available to buy your house. If we don’t put a reasonable deadline on our offer, we may not be able to purchase another house we planned on buying. But to require you to make a snap decision, right now or by the end of the day, is not a great way to do business. So if you encounter a company doing that, back away!
Sell My House in Austell GA
Scammers want quick money and are not likely to want to spend time with you if you start asking lots of questions. Instead, they will find some reason to get off the phone. So look for a company that is willing to answer all of your questions to your satisfaction.
Real Austell GA home buyers or investors who run honest, legitimate house buying companies work to build relationships with people. They invest not only money but time into each house and into the people involved. Resideum does exactly this. We want to learn about your house and situation. Sell your house in GA directly to Resideum, LLC and we look forward to meeting you, learning about what you need and solving your problems.
When you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Austell” companies, never be afraid to ask questions!
Give us a call anytime at (678) 710-6130 or
fill out the form on this website today! >>
Greg Kurzner, is CEO of Resideum, Atlanta’s Professional Homebuyer company. Greg has been a force in Atlanta real estate for over 30 years. He has been involved in the sale of over 1 Billion in real estate transactions in his career and consistently ranks #1 in sales by units by Atlanta Realtor Association. In addition to Greg being a licensed real estate broker, he is also a licensed general contractor and a nationally-recognized expert in investment real estate.