We buy houses in Marietta Georgia. Do you have a property that’s in foreclosure right now? As homebuyers in Marietta GA (Cobb County), we know that many people going through the GA foreclosure process want to get out from under that burdensome property and wonder if they can sell the house in foreclosure. The short answer: Yes. The long answer: It’s a little more complicated, but usually you can sell your property prior to foreclosure and can sometimes get the offer of cash for houses in Marietta GA. Generally, the sooner you start, the better.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in Marietta GA? – How It Works
There are a lot of folks in Marietta GA who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. Due to the changes in the economy, a lot of banks have been shifting the way they deal with foreclosures.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you avoid foreclosure by selling your property. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a huge pain. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working with Banks During the Foreclosure Process in Marietta Georgia
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but explaining your situation and demonstrating your willingness to fix the problems to make it right goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the fewer options are available to you.
Sell My House in Marietta GA
You have options to sell your house. You can try selling your house For Sale By Owner. This can be challenging if you aren’t familiar with the process. Or you can contract with a real estate broker. This will cost you a commission, but may be a better solution if you don’t like dealing with the legal intricacies of a real estate transaction.
Or, there is a third option: If you’re looking to sell your house fast in Marietta, call us now.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Marietta GA and the whole state of Georgia, get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your property with cash.
We buy houses in Marietta. If you need to sell a property near Marietta GA, we can help you. We are the most trusted Marietta GA home buyers and we buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.